Obtaining a tree removal permit in Banyule Council
You will need a tree removal permit from Banyule Council before undertaking any tree works like tree removal or tree pruning.
Under the Banyule Council's Planning Scheme, you'll need a permit if:
- The tree has a height of 12m or more
- The tree has a trunk or stems that collectively are more than 0.4m in diameter, measured at 1.4m above the base of the tree.
- Listed on Banyule Council's Significant Tree Register
- The tree sits on the land with planning history that prohibits or restricts tree removal
- The tree comes within the Banyule Vegetation Protection Overlay zone
You might not need a permit for tree removal or tree pruning from Banyule Council if:
- The tree poses a risk
- The tree interferes with the power lines and poses a danger to the surrounding.
- Identified as environmental weed species in the Banyule Weed Management Strategy 2006
Why should you hire a professional?
You should hire professionals because they are certified and possess a wealth of experience in providing tree services.
When you need a tree removal permit from Banyule Council, contact us without any hesitation, and we'll take care of everything.