Tree removal permits in Maroondah council
The Maroondah Planning Scheme has a number of overlay controls. Under the Scheme, a planning permit is needed if you want to remove:
- A tree within a Significant Landscape Overlay (SLO) area (there are exemptions)
- Native vegetation in a Vegetation Protection Overlay (VPO) area
- Native vegetation from a property greater than 4,000 square metres
- A tree under the Heritage Overlay (HO)
- A tree under the Neighbourhood Character Overlay (NCO)
Obtaining a permit
Contact us, and we'll find out if your site falls under any of these Overlays. Let us know your address, and we'll look it up in our system.
If you don't know what the tree's species is, send us a photo, and our expert arborists will identify which kind of tree it is.